ES / EN
- August 20, 2026 -
No Result
View All Result
OnCubaNews
  • World
  • Cuba
  • Cuba-USA
  • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Infographic
  • Culture
    • Billboard
  • Sports
  • Styles / Trends
  • Media
  • Special
  • Cuban Flavors
  • World
  • Cuba
  • Cuba-USA
  • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Infographic
  • Culture
    • Billboard
  • Sports
  • Styles / Trends
  • Media
  • Special
  • Cuban Flavors
OnCubaNews
ES / EN
Home Cuba-USA

Sonic attacks in Miami?

The local press refers to alleged sonic attacks in Miami, but without providing sources, precise data or concrete accusations.

by
  • Rui Ferreira
    Rui Ferreira,
  • OnCuba Staff
    OnCuba Staff
May 11, 2021
in Cuba-USA
0
United States Embassy in Havana. Photo: Alain Gutiérrez (Archive).

United States Embassy in Havana. Photo: Alain Gutiérrez (Archive).

The mysterious sonic attacks that were supposedly felt, first in Cuba, in 2016, in the diplomatic missions of the United States and Canada, then in China, and later, in 2019, in Washington D.C., now reached Miami. At least that’s what’s said.

The mystery is that, despite the news regarding this, no one takes responsibility for it. Cited is the Federal Government, which is apparently investigating the matter, and Cuba is accused of promoting the aforementioned attack, but no concrete evidence is provided. It all comes down to “they say,” “they are investigating,” but they don’t identify the culprit. No U.S. government official has come forward. Usually, when the Federal Government investigates a problem and does not want to talk about it, they resolve it with a “no comments,” but at least it’s known that “there’s something.” This is an old tactic frequently used in these circumstances.

The alleged attacks that occurred in Havana against U.S. diplomats were assumed by the then Secretary of State of the Trump administration, Mike Pompeo, in a congressional hearing, in which the formation of a special group to investigate the aforementioned incident, about which nothing has been heard since then, was announced. 

A week ago, a White House spokesperson confirmed to CNN and The Hill that in 2019 there were other similar alleged attacks in Washington. Then, a congressional panel addressed the issue without evidence of a public investigation.

There was a very short stretch from that to the appearance of a version suggesting that the same thing would have happened in Miami. In a matter of days, South Florida was entitled to its own attack. The person in charge would be—where else?—in Havana. The Telemundo network has been the only one that, so far, has addressed the matter; but with kid gloves. The details are few, very light: everything is left—almost—in limbo. Only one leader of the “hard exile” has reiterated in his appearance on TV that there were attacks and that they originated in Cuba. Nothing more. Possible targets or victims are not mentioned. The public is left without knowing anything.

“The only thing I can tell you is that in my office we don’t know anything,” an official from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Miami told OnCuba, who often speaks with members of the press.

However, these versions emerge at a time when there is much speculation about another “thaw” in relations between Cuba and the United States. The White House has repeatedly said that Cuba is not a priority on its agenda and that the policy on the island is being “reviewed.”

There is, however, another curious aspect around this issue. The activists who usually take up the defense of Havana and advocate for the thaw, this time have not said much.

The leader of the Alianza Martiana group, Max Lesnik, referred to a brief comment, which does not contribute much either, but is aligned with what has happened in similar situations. “This may be another invention. People interested in fabricating situations so as not to resolve this abnormality between the two countries. It is unthinkable that the Cuban government will do something at this time with the amount of problems it has, the truth is that I do not see it,” Lesnik said in statements to OnCuba.

Related Posts

Black child in front of Trump Tower

The Birth of a Nation: The Remake

July 31, 2026
Ybor City

Vicente Martínez Ibor and the Cubans who built Tampa

April 7, 2026
Cardiovascular medical procedure in Cuba.

More than 96,000 patients await surgery amid U.S. oil embargo, warns health minister

March 14, 2026
The Maine

The Maine: the disaster afloat

March 7, 2026

In any case, the story has not gone any further. The way it has been framed is consistent with similar situations that have taken place in more than fifty years, but what is also striking is that the Federal Government has not wanted to become publicly involved in the matter. From Wednesday through Friday, calls made to the White House, the State Department and the national FBI went unanswered.

The mystery continues. A real soap opera, one of those that Cubans like so much.

  • Rui Ferreira
    Rui Ferreira,
  • OnCuba Staff
    OnCuba Staff
Tags: Cuba-USA Relationssonic attack
Previous Post

Tornado leaves material damage in Cienfuegos municipality

Next Post

Cuba: active cases of coronavirus exceed 6,000 while ICUs continue to report record numbers

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Mi padre era actor y mi abuelo general. Una mezcla lo suficientemente explosiva como para generar un tipo que solo hace preguntas, no le gusta las respuestas a medias, y refleja todo eso en la mejor profesión del mundo. Por lo demás, me gusta viajar y fotografiar. A veces eso da plata, otras veces solo entretiene. Pero siempre vale la pena. Por lo que queda, dejémonos de pretensiones.

OnCuba Staff

OnCuba Staff

Next Post
Photo: Otmaro Rodríguez

Cuba: active cases of coronavirus exceed 6,000 while ICUs continue to report record numbers

Photo: criptonoticias.com

Díaz-Canel warns about “possible scam” of businesses operating with cryptocurrencies

Lázaro Blanco from Granma, Cuba’s main pitching ace. Photo: CNC/Archive.

Cuts and changes in Cuban baseball preselection for Americas Olympic Qualifier

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

The conversation here is moderated according to OnCuba News discussion guidelines. Please read the Comment Policy before joining the discussion.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Read

  • The Enchanted Shrimp of the Cuban Dance

    7449 shares
    Share 2980 Tweet 1862
  • Is this Javier Sotomayor´s record on the tight rope?

    112 shares
    Share 45 Tweet 28
  • Cuba’s Next Leader Will Not Be Found in Washington

    19 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • The story behind the “sister flags” of Cuba and Puerto Rico

    156 shares
    Share 62 Tweet 39
  • Camila Bordón: “I still dance with my Cuban rhythm, even though now I sound more like a Colombian”

    23 shares
    Share 9 Tweet 6

Most Commented

  • Havana's Malecón. Cuba-US relations

    Cuba’s Next Leader Will Not Be Found in Washington

    19 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • The Birth of a Nation: The Remake

    10 shares
    Share 4 Tweet 3
  • Economic reforms and democratic opening

    14 shares
    Share 6 Tweet 4
  • Old Havana: ghost streets, closed venues, nonexistent tourism, and a subdued summer

    10 shares
    Share 4 Tweet 3
  • The Announced Measures and What Is Still Missing

    21 shares
    Share 8 Tweet 5
  • About us
  • Work with OnCuba
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Moderation policy for comments
  • Contact us
  • Advertisement offers

OnCuba and the OnCuba logo are registered® trademarks of Fuego Enterprises, Inc., its subsidiaries or divisions.
OnCuba © by Fuego Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • World
  • Cuba
  • Cuba-USA
  • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Infographic
  • Culture
    • Billboard
  • Sports
  • Styles / Trends
  • Media
  • Special
  • Cuban Flavors

OnCuba and the OnCuba logo are registered® trademarks of Fuego Enterprises, Inc., its subsidiaries or divisions.
OnCuba © by Fuego Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Manage Consent
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
Functional Always active
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
Preferences
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
Statistics
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
Marketing
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
  • Manage options
  • Manage services
  • Manage {vendor_count} vendors
  • Read more about these purposes
View preferences
  • {title}
  • {title}
  • {title}
No Result
View All Result
  • World
  • Cuba
  • Cuba-USA
  • Opinion
    • Columns
    • Infographic
  • Culture
    • Billboard
  • Sports
  • Styles / Trends
  • Media
  • Special
  • Cuban Flavors

OnCuba and the OnCuba logo are registered® trademarks of Fuego Enterprises, Inc., its subsidiaries or divisions.
OnCuba © by Fuego Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.